We are actively reviewing applications and encourage those interested to apply. We anticipate the position start date July 2019. This position exists to support faculty, students, and researchers in the application of high performance computing for scientific and academic research.
- A solid understanding of Unix and Linux operating systems in a networked / distributed computing environment, including distributed file systems and installation of systems and applications.
- A solid understanding of high performance computing, parallel systems and programming, performance monitoring and optimization.
- Programming experience working with HPC software such as MPI, OpenMP, scientific libraries, job submission software on clusters and SMP compute servers.
- Experience developing scientific or engineering programs in high-level languages such as C, Fortran, Java and Python on Unix computers.
- A solid background in the UNIX operating system.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely with minimal supervision.
- Experience in teaching users in complex topics and making presentations to professional peers.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and ability to interact positively with faculty, students and upper management.
- Six years of software development and scientific/ engineering application-related computing.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Master’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- Degree in a science, mathematics, computer science or engineering discipline preferred.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.