As part of a collaborative team, the DWBI Reporting Specialist exercises independent judgment and action to meet critical institutional reporting needs for a broad range of constituents including senior administration related to the history, trends and forecasting of sponsored awards and expenses. The specialist is responsible for outreach to identify reporting needs and to develop effective means to deliver information. The specialist ensures the accuracy and utility of data. Data from a variety of sources are combined in a data warehouse environment for reporting and analysis. The Report Specialist will deliver data to end users (faculty, administrative, and upper management) in a way that is integrated with the end users’ day to day work flow and supports critical decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one year of experience in end user training and support.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire an understanding to evaluate and make recommendations for the constant improvement of complex business models.
- Knowledge of business requirements gathering techniques and analysis of underlying systems and processes
- Ability to design and build financial and other reports using a variety of reporting tools.
- Strong training skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast- paced, team-centric environment.
- Solid business background with experience providing support to a diverse population.
- Detailed knowledge of RAPPORT and Oracle Grants Accounting databases and how they apply to the Sponsored Projects business model or the equivalent demonstrated ability to acquire such knowledge based on training and mentoring.
- Two to three years’ experience in data warehouse and business intelligence data analysis and report writing preferred.
- Two to three years of related experience in higher education, helpful.
- Experience related to Sponsored Projects in Higher Education, including audit and compliance requirements, helpful.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.