The Advancement Data Specialist provides accurate and timely operational support to Gift Recording and Advancement Data & Reporting Services. Reporting to the Associate Director, this position performs complex data entry and maintenance of highly confidential demographic and financial information of alumni, parents, and friends of the College using a collaborative approach in a team environment. Performs primary and secondary responsibilities for various functions within the office which are integral to operations and maintenance of adequate controls.
- Four years of relevant data entry experience (e.g. customer service, financial processing, or other directly related experience) and an Associate Degree, or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated professionalism with effective verbal and written communication to internal and external constituents with strong customer service and listening skills.
- Demonstrates accountability for work accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work efficiently and effectively under pressure of time constraints
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to understand policies and to apply procedures
- Advanced problem solving, resolution, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in the Microsoft Suite, Web applications, and computer navigation within both a Windows and network-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and cooperative in a team-based environment, adapting to system and process changes.
- Demonstrated ability and eagerness to apply the core values of Advancement.
- Basic accounting skills and knowledge of financial/accounting software.
- Working knowledge of IRS and CASE guidelines for charitable giving and reporting.
- Experience with Ellucian Advance, Atlassian JIRA, Hyland OnBase, iModules Encompass, Oracle Business Intelligence.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.