Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking an LMS Systems Developer for our Department of Information Technology Solutions (ITS). The LMS Systems Developer is responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and documenting solutions to business needs related to the Learning Management System (LMS). The position will also be responsible for building and maintaining data integrations between other University systems and our LMS.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Gather stakeholder requirements, analyze functional requirements, recommend and design possible solutions
- Develop and maintain systems that support business needs, while ensuring the highest level of data security
- Prepare documentation and explain technical projects; develop diagrams, charts and data to explain complex topics such as data flow, system utilization, and trends
- Design, develop and maintain inter-system data integrations (e.g., SIS to LMS) using commercial and custom solutions
- Provide the LMS team and its stakeholders with database support
- Participate in periodic system testing ensuring that LMS systems are fully functional
- Manage Linux servers, ensuring they are secure and regularly maintained
- Maintain good communication around issues and opportunities; communicate across organizational boundaries from system end users through senior management
- Work flexible hours as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field of study Required
- 1-3 years of Linux/Windows administration and shell/Power Shell scripting
- 1-3 years developing applications with Java, VB and/or .NET
- 1-3 years working with relational databases (MS SQL, Oracle, MS Access)
- 1-3 years administering Linux and Windows servers
- Familiarity with LMS LTI and LMS add-on development (e.g. building blocks)
- Familiarity with integration technologies such as RESTful APIs and cURL
- Experience working in an environment that adheres to security and compliance standards
Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized for 10 consecutive years as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!