Southern New Hampshire University is seeking a Endpoint Engineer. A key member to the Systems Operations Team, The Endpoint Engineer is responsible for the administration, security, operation and deployment of SNHU owned endpoints and endpoint automation. Working collaboratively across ITS and business unit teams, the Endpoint Engineer will provide technical expertise within the Endpoint team responsible for significant endpoint deployments. Areas of capability with the Endpoint Engineer include software deployments, image creation, update/patch management, reporting, and endpoint automation efficiency. The Endpoint Engineer role is an enabler of improved customer services and greater efficiencies for the front-line Technology Help Desk Customer Liaisons and acts as a direct conduit between the Technology Help Desk and ITS Infrastructure.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Understands, develops, and tests group policy as it applies to endpoints at SNHU including gathering approvals through established change control processes
- Responsible for active directory use by the Technology Help Desk inclusive of the structure, definitions, design and application/use for all workstations, endpoints and user accounts under established processes and as agreed with ITS Infrastructure
- Defines and manages all endpoint or workstation builds including the imaging process, the testing, change control and release schedule of the Images are as set by this role
- Regularly communicates, plans and interacts in conjunction with ITS Infrastructure, ITS Security and other offices/area where coordination and collaboration are necessary for success
- Knowledge of the Windows registry, interaction of drivers within the OS, and unattended/silent installs of Windows operating systems
- Administers or directs the administration of Windows Update application pushes including the testing, communication and release scheduling
- Builds or directs the build of new workstations/endpoints for distribution
- Functional working and debugging knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Investigate, analyze and resolve technical issues and actively pursue mechanisms for preventing, or automating the response to reoccurrences
- Receives, delegates and responds to escalations requiring investigations
- High level of availability for support discussions and escalations outside of normal business hours
- Monitor and test performance for potential bottlenecks, and identify possible solutions
- Address client connectivity, client software distribution and mobile installation issues in a hybrid model
- Write and maintain custom scripts (PowerShell) to install new settings or deployment, and remediate issues to support users as needed
- Strong expertise in SCCM reporting functionality
- 3+ Years previous administration in Group Policy and in Active Directory, usage of Microsoft Systems Center, administration of software deployments, and workstation/endpoint imaging
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related discipline
- Understanding of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Knowledge of PC Scripting, MSI creation/package bundling
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience troubleshooting
- 3+ year of demonstrated Active Directory administration
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Master’s degree in computer science or related discipline
Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We’re proud to have been recognized for 11 consecutive years as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We’re constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education!